Due to COVID-19 our implementation of AirBus will be different for Fall 2020.
All requirements are to promote safety of student riders, student staff, and Trinity Transportation staff.
New requirements and Safety Precautions
- You must make a reservation to take AirBus, no walk ons will be permitted. This is to make sure we can properly track ridership, as well as to make sure we do not go over capacity.
- Masks are required. You may not board the bus without a mask.
- Riders will be asked to sit one person per row to promote social distancing.
- Trips will be limited to 14 riders per trip to allow us to have riders sit one person per row.
- In order to board, you must complete the UM Health Screen and show it to the AirBus staff.
- We encourage riders to get the COVID test a few days in advance and practice social distancing prior to travel.
- If you make a reservation, your account will be charged unless cancelled two days prior to your trip. Capacity is limited, and we are running more buses to accommodate the same amount of riders we had in 2019-2020, so we ask that you cancel your reservation in advance or you will be charged for the seat.
- Trinity Transportation will be cleaning in between each trip to sanitize the buses.
- Windows on the bus may be open to increase air circulation. This means the trip may be cold, so please dress warmly.
AirBus is a service of U-M Central Student Government. Find out more about our contributions to campus at csg.umich.edu
We are happy to hear from you! Email us any time at email@example.com.
If you're emailing us about a reservation, please refer to any AirBus trips in question by their AirBus Trip Number. For example, rather than writing "I have a reservation for the bus that leaves State St at 2:35p...", tell us "I have a reservation for Trip 359..."
Every feature of the AirBus system started out as somebody's idea ? our customers, our employees and our partners have all helped to make AirBus an efficient, reliable service. If you have an idea to improve your service, speak up!
It takes people to move people! Our crew is about 25 strong ? almost all of us students. We have openings throughout the year for Proctors, Road Supervisors and Marketing Strategists.
If you're looking for a fun way to be part of the campus community, join our team!
AirBus is a program of Central Student Government. We are a non-profit public enterprise. Fare revenue covers roughly 85 percent of our costs while an annual investment from CSG rounds out the rest.
AirBus was founded in 2002 in response to a long-time absence of affordable, convenient airport options for students. Since then, we have heavily involved students in the development of a vital campus service.
We are proud to offer AirBus as a transportation resource for our friends and classmates ? and as a unique, hands-on learning experience for the students who make it happen.
Our services provide over 15,000 rides per year. About 12 percent of all U-M students will use AirBus at least once during the year. Our customer base is as diverse as the University itself: we serve students of all academic levels, from 50 states and 58 countries.
We carefully track our performance ? and we're kind of geeks for operational minutiae. If you're curious about any part of our service, talk to us ? we'll hit you with the details!
We are the largest, most sophisticated campus-based airport service in the country.
With ten years of experience, we have created a variety of operational methodologies and internal systems ? they have enabled non-stop growth, sustainble financials and consistent customer satisfaction.
We have assisted other student governments and university administrations in scoping their own airport services. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for information on our development services.